- The first women to lead a modern state
- Born in Russia and immigrated to Palestine in 1915
- Became P.M. of Israel in 1969 until 1974
- Dealt with the Yom Kippur War and was seen as a hard liner
- Also approved operation Golden Gideon
Golda Meir was the first woman to lead a modern state as she was born in Russia and then immigrated to Palestine in 1915. She became the Prime Minister of Israel in 1969 and led the nation until 1974. During her rule she was seen as a hard liner while managing to deal with the Yom Kippur War. She also approve operation Golden Gideon.