The Berlin Wall, 1961
- People fleeing to the west through Berlin for many years.
- Krushchev wanted Kennedy to pull out of Berlin.
- Kennedy increases US strength.
- Krushchev built a wall around West Berlin.
- Both sides were accused of being soft in Berlin, resulting in testing of more nuclear bomb
The Berlin Wall was built in 1961 because people had been fleeing from East Germany into the west for many years. During this period, Krushchev wanted JFK to pull out of Berlin, but instead he increased the strength of the United States in the city. Both leaders were convinced of being soft in their dealings, and as a result they began more testing in nuclear bombs.