- Leader of the PlO and later the leader of the PLA
- Also pushed for the independence of Palestine.
- Represented Palestine at several peace accords.
- Was originally militant but became more peaceful in the 80's and 90's
- Won a Nobel Peace Prize for his role in Oslo, 1993
Yasser Arafat lead both the PIO and the PLA at different periods in his lifetime. Additionally, he pushed for the independence of Palestine while representing the country and numerous peace accords. The leader was originally militant but as time progressed he became more peaceful in the 1980's and 1990's. Lastly, he won a Nobel Peace Prize for his role in Oslo during 1993.