Lyndon B. Johnson
- Wealthy Texan Rancher
- Was Kennedy's vice president and became President after Kennedy's assassination
- was reelected second term
- entire time in office was embroiled in the Vietnam War
- Championed the civil rights bill.
- Formed the peace corps called VISTA which was part of his "war on poverty" and also part of his 'great society'
- Wanted to create more equality for blacks.
Lyndon B. Johnson was a wealthy rancher from Texas, and served as Kennedy's vice president only before taking the reigns after his assassination. Following his term, Johnson was re-elected, and he spent his entire time in office embroiled in the Vietnam War. Additionally he championed the Civil Rights Bill, and formed VISTA (Peace Corps) which tied into the "war on poverty" and a portion of his "great society. Lastly, Johnson wanted to create equality for African Americans.