- Sunni leader of Iraq
- Chosen by the CIA as a pro-American and helped brought to power
- Worried about the spread of Shiite Islam
- •Harsh on his own country (Kurds and 65% Shiite nation)
- •Claimed Kuwait to start the first Gulf War
- •Used poison gas on the Kurds in the north
Saddam Hussein was the Sunni leader of Iraq and was chosen by the CIA as a pro-American and in turn was helped to attain power. The spread of Shiite Island greatly concerned him, as the leader stuck to his ideals throughout the whole of the Iran Iraq war. It must be noted that Sadam was hard on his own country, as only 65% of the population were Shiites. He even claimed Kuwait to start the first Gulf War, although he used poisonous gas on the Kurds in the North.